Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hangin' Loose

This past summer, Jeremy and I went to Hawaii. I was scheduled to do a class there and since neither one of us has ever been, we decided to make a vacation of it. We counted down the days all summer and were really looking forward to spending 7 whole days together! We had a great time!



This is us at the Botanical Gardens.





We went to the Dole Plantation and took these cheesy pictures. I am not much of a fruit person, but the fruit there was amazing! I couldn't get enough pineapple!













All of the locals kept raving about the shaved ice, so we had to check it out. It was packed all the time, we must have waited in line for about 45 minutes. It was well worth the wait. They put ice cream at the bottom of the shaved ice and drench it in sugar syrup. Very good!!




One of the must do's on our list was a Luau, and we heard from the locals that if we were looking for the Polynesian experience, we had to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. Of course we wanted the authentic experience and the cultural center was the closest one to our hotel, so we went. We were both a little disappointed, the food was one step below a Chuck-a-rama buffet and the park was more family oriented, not really for two adults with no kids. The show was pretty cool though, it was fun to watch the different dances.
We went horseback riding and rode all the way up to the Lost beach. We are both huge Lost fans and were really excited to see where they film the show, and took lots of pictures on our ride. Let me tell you, snapping pictures on a horse was NOT easy. I think I could have taken better pictures if I was heavily intoxicated and standing in a canoe. We were really disappointed about the pictures, so we decided to hike up to the Lost beach and take some new pictures. While hiking up to the beach, we ran into a threesome of people who were hauling away with a large bottle of booze and a golf cart from the golf course next door. Jeremy swears that the driver was Erik Estrada from Chips, I'm not so sure.

We stopped to see the Mighty Mo on our way to the airport (we wanted to see the Pearl Harbor, but the tickets were sold out) Jeremy was in the Navy and has told me stories of how he had to sleep underneath giant pipes and climb through tiny doorways, so it was cool to see it in real life. Jeremy doesn't have a lot of pictures from his Navy days, so I made him re-enact some of those moments:)


This is Jeremy fixing the phones.





Here he is getting out of bed. The beds were TINY!!












This is Jeremy being thoughtful.



We had a great time and hated to leave, but we'll be back:)

No comments: