Monday, October 20, 2008

Kids Do the Darndest Things!


I saw Jenny McCarthy on a talk show awhile back talking about her new website, inthemotherhood.com. I am a sucker for embarrassing parenting stories and had to check it out. I have been addicted ever since! On the website parents log on and submit their embarrassing kid stories, and then everyone votes and the winner gets their story re-enacted by Jenny McCarthy, Leah Remini and Chelsea Handler in a short 10 minute webisode.


I don't have any embarrassing kid stories of my own. I do however, have a few funny babysitting stories, that I am sure if the parents knew what their kids did, they would be absolutely mortified. I once babysat a couple of little girls (who's names I won't mention). I watched these little girls often and on this particular night, they wanted to play dress up. I didn't see any harm in letting them get dressed up, so I told them they could. A few minutes later, the girls came wandering into the family room wearing their Mom's raunchy lingerie. I was shocked and didn't know what to say. I asked them where they got their pretty dresses, and they told me outright "my Mommy gave them to us"...."oh" was the only response I could manage. It was pretty akward!

No comments: