Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sleepover

My brothers three kids slept over at our house on Friday night and of course I forgot to take pictures. We have a really nice camera that we are always forgetting to use.

The kids were adorable! We played ping-pong downstairs, watched movies and played fetch with Chimi for hours. Chimi was spoiled with attention and followed the kids around everywhere.

I decided to make the kids pancakes for breakfast. Jaden asked me if i knew how to make good pancakes like Grandma, It turns out I don't. I blew up the syrup in the microwave (it was really thick and hard to squeeze so I thought that I would put it in the microwave for a few seconds) and the pancakes had this weird aftertaste. I didn't think that you could screw up Bisquick pancakes, but I certainly did.

After breakfast, Jaden wanted to play a video game and asked me if we had Call of Duty 4. He said "my Daddy doesn't want me to play it...can I play it?" When I told him he should find another game to play, he said to me "but my Daddy's not here" he is pretty persuasive for a 4 year old.

Chimi was heartbroken when it was time for the kids to go. She stood on the front porch watching them get into the car and wouldn't come inside. I finally picked her up and took her in the house and she sat on the couch looking out the window for about 30 minutes. Now whenever we say "kids" she runs around the house trying to find them. It's so cute and sad. Savannah, Ethan and Jaden will have to come over and play with her soon, she misses them terribly.

No comments: